The Half Moon Bay Coastside Chamber of Commerce and Visitors’ Bureau is located at 235 Main Street in Half Moon Bay California. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. The Chamber office is also open on Saturdays and Sundays to offer visitor information from 10am-3pm. You can contact the Chamber at (650) 726-8380 or send an email.
Charise Hale McHugh, ACE, President/CEO
(650) 726-8380 ext. 101 | email Charise
Been CEO of the Half Moon Bay Coastside Chamber of Commerce and Visitor’s Bureau since 1996. She has been instrumental in increasing membership at the Chamber from 330 to 650 members and tripling its budget. The Half Moon Bay Coastside is now a destination resort and home to 26 lodging facilities and a Ritz Carlton.
In addition to her Chamber and Visitor Bureau duties and many committees:
- Charise founded a Hotel BID in 2004.
- She founded the only broad-based Ecotourism Program in the state of California and is spearheading state recognition of ecotourism as a tourism destination.
- Was instrumental in bringing bussing to the Coastside
- Currently she is heading up CEAP (Coastside Emergency Action Program) a Disaster Preparedness Plan for the San Mateo County Coast (the only recognized VOAD in the county)
- Created Rotary & Chamber @ the High School, teaching high school seniors real life skills that they didn’t learn in high school.
- Was instrumental in bringing STEM Robotics to all the schools.
- And, is responsible for the planting of the Highway 1 medians, enticing visitors to seek out the downtown.
- Her Chamber’s website won Honorable Mention at the 2005 W.A.C.E. Conference and won first place with their marketing brochure in 2010. Charise has earned two Accredited Chamber Executive (ACE) by the Western Association of Chamber Executives (W.A.C.E.), and was the William E. Hammond Award Winner in 2008. She is also a graduate of WACE Academy. She serves on the Western Assn of Chamber Executives Board of Directors and their Foundation Board. She also serves on the Table of Plenty Board of Directors which serves the hungry every Thursday a hot meal with table linens and aproned servers.
- She has lived in Half Moon Bay for 35 years with her husband, Jack. She has 3 children and 6 grandchildren. She enjoys time in the mountains at both Yosemite and Tahoe.
Heather Gibbons, Finance Director
(650) 726-8380 ext. 103 | email Heather
Joining the Chamber of Commerce in 2016, Heather manages the financial accountability for the Half Moon Bay Coastside Chamber of Commerce. Bringing 20 years of experience working business affairs and finance operations in the commercial and feature film industries in New York, London, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, making the decision to keep life local keeps her happy.
Heather is an active volunteer in the South Coast and serves on the advisory board in her community.
Erik Piro, Office Adminstrator
Joining the Chamber in April 2017, Erik is the Chamber's new Office Administrator. His job is to manage the daily operations of the Chamber, including assisting Chamber members and visitors.
Growing up on the Coastside, Erik has a great appreciation for the various outdoor activities that surround the area. It's no surprise that you will often find him bike riding, spending time at the beach, or exploring one of the Coastside's many scenic spots.
Erik has a creative side as well that is expressed through his photography. He enjoys capturing the natural beauty of the Coastside, whether along the Coastal Trail, in Pillar Point Harbor, or along the country roads of Pescadero.
Erik attended San Francisco State University where he earned his Bachelor's degree in Media. This launched his career in broadcast media in downtown San Francisco for the past 12 years where he first worked in ad sales and then was promoted to Office Manager.
Now, Erik is excited to start a new chapter in his career, bringing his office management skills and personal knowledge of the Coastside to the Chamber and its visitors as well as helping to build connections with local businesses.
Marilyn Johnson, Director of Sales
(650) 726-8380 ext. 102 | email Marilyn
Marilyn brings with her, years of experience in advertising sales. She’s a third generation coastsider and comes from three generations of farmers. She holds a seat on the San Mateo County Ag Advisory Committee.
On Saturdays, she can be found at the Coastside Farmers’ Market selling her Spread The Love Jams & Jellies.
Roy Truitt, Corporate Group Sales
(650) 726-8380 ext. 104 | email Roy
Dan Thompson, Social Media Manager
Joining the Chamber of Commerce in May 2016, Dan brings a life time of experience as a veteran and a prior business owner. While serving as an infantryman in the US Army, Dan earned numerous awards and promotions. As a small business owner, Dan learned the complexities and difficulties of operating a small business. His business earned the Mayors city wide Beautification Award for the most improved business property.
Dan earned an Associates degree (AA) in International Studies from Cabrillo College in 2013, and a Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Recreation from San Jose State University in 2016. While at SJSU Dan focused his studies heavily on Tourism and more specifically, Ecotourism.
The Chamber also employs part time staff members that open the office to assist visitors on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Martha Drendell
- Susan Shapira
- Sheri Wagener
- Georgia Yerby
The Chamber office is closed in observance of the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday (close at noon)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day & the Friday that follows
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve